Demodex Eye Treatment Plan
Your eyes itch constantly. You try drops. No relief. You try washing your eyes. Still no relief. It dawns on you that this might not be a typical case of itchy eyes or allergies. It’s time to call your eye doctor. It Might Be Demodex.
What Is It?
Demodex is a fairly constant itchy, scratchy, irritation of the eye that doesn’t go away with standard eye drops.
What Causes It? Demodex is caused by eyelash mites - microscopic “dandruff” that lives unseen in your eyelashes. Your eyelids become inflamed and your tear glands can’t produce their cleansing fluids properly. Demodex feels just like itchy, scratchy, allergic eyes, but is harder to cure. If you’ve been diagnosed with Demodex, please start this Doctor recommended 30-day treatment plan immediately and follow it up with the post-treatment Maintenance Plan
What Are The Remedies for Demodex?
Cleanse & Hydrate
• Use OUST Demodex Cleanser Compliance Kit, an effective but gentle cleanser for your eyelashes, eyelids, and face.
• Apply Retaine MGD Emulsion Artificial Tears two or three times a day. These drops have a higher viscosity (thicker formula) than standard eye drops to give you longer-lasting comfort • Drink 8 glasses of water a day (hydrate from the inside out) If you still don’t see improvement, contact your eye doctor.
Post Demodex Maintenance Plan
To promote good eye hygiene and prevent future episodes of Demodex, Dr Bonnin recommends the following regimen designed to support your immune system and keep your eyes clean, moisturized, and hydrated.
Cleanse – Condition – Hydrate
• Wash eyelids and lashes morning and night with OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Plus Platinum Foaming Eyelid Cleanser. The foaming action gently removes pollen, dust, dander and eye makeup that gets trapped in lashes and eyelids. Specially formulated for Demodex. Works better than plain water and will not harm your eyes like other soaps – even baby shampoo.
• Eye makeup, sun, wind, pollution and pollen are all tough on eyelids and lashes. Use daily Retaine Liposome Spray, to cool, moisturize and refresh eyelids and lashes to prevent dry, scratchy, itchy and irritated eyes.
• If you have broken or missing eyelashes use RevitaLash® Advanced Eyelash Conditioner to moisturize lashes, protect against breakage and regenerate new healthy lashes.
• For thinning brows use RevitaBrow® Advanced Brow Conditioner to moisturize the eyebrows and help guard against brittleness and breakage.
Hydration & Immune System Support
• Continue with the Retaine MGD Emulsion Artificial Tears
• Drink 8 glasses of water a day (hydrate from the inside out)
• For Immune system support take OmegaAdvance. Highly concentrated Omega-3 provides two carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin) to help maintain healthy retina and macular regions in the eye.
© Copyright 2019 EyeDocStore